Visitors planning to enter the Republic of Korea (ROK) must possess a valid passport and visa to enter the country. Countries/Regions of visa waiver or visa-free countries may enter the country without a visa for tourism purposes only. For any other purposes, such as employment or education, proper visas are required. Nationals of non-visa waiver countries must apply for visas at the nearest Korean embassy or consulate prior to entering the ROK.
If you are uncertain about the requirements for entry visas to the Republic of Korea, please contact the Korean Embassy or the consulate nearest to you as soon as possible.
Starting June 1, 2022, issuance of Short-term Visit (C-3) Visa and e-Visa, which have been temporarily suspended since April, 2020 to prevent inflow of COVID-19 from overseas, will resume for foreign tourists, etc.
- Issuance of short-term visit (C-3) visa and e-visa via online will resume for foreign nationals from countries classified as Level 1.
- Scope of eligibility for short-term visit (C-3) visa, which has been restricted to visitors with essential purposes* only, will expand to foreigners from countries classified as Level 1 for all areas stipulated in laws and regulations, including individual/group tours, family visit, business activities and others.
* Limited to Diplomat·Foreign Government Official·International Agreement, Intra-Company Transferee·Corporate/Foreign Investor·International Trade, Humanitarian Grounds, etc.
- In addition, e-Visa issuance for international talent, foreign patients, foreign group tourists, etc., will also resume after being suspended since April 6, 2020.
- Short-term Multiple Visa which has temporarily been invalidated will become valid again.
- Short-term multiple-entry visas which have been suspended as of April 13, 2020, will become valid and can be used without any additional measures if the visa has a remaining validity period and was issued before April, 5, 2020.
- Foreign nationals from countries classified as Level 2 by quarantine authorities can apply for a visa for essential purposes only such as visitors on humanitarian grounds, as previously done. Yet, this relaxed measure may change depending on COVID-19 developments in the nation.
* No countries classified as Level 2 as of May, 2022
For more information, please call the Immigration Contact Center at 1345 (no area code).
• **Countries/Regions that have been temporarily suspended of Visa-waiver and Visa-free entry (04/11/22)
||Country / Region
|**Japan, **Hong Kong, **Macao, **Taiwan, **Brunei (30), Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand
|United States, Canada (6 months), Guyana (30), Guatemala, **Grenada, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Dominica, Mexico, Barbados, Bahamas, Venezuela, Brazil, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Suriname, Argentina (30), Haiti, Antigua & Barbuda, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras (30), Uruguay, Jamaica, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Trinidad & Tobago, **Panama, Paraguay (30), **Peru
|Andorra (30), Monaco (30), San Marino (30), Cyprus (30), Albania (30), Croatia, Slovenia, Vatican City (30), Bosnia-Herzegovina (30), Serbia, Montenegro (30), Greece, Netherlands, Norway (90 days within a 180-day period), Denmark (90 days within a 180-day period), Germany, Latvia, Russia (60 days / 90 days total within a 180-day period), Romania, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Lichtenstein, Malta, Belgium, Bulgaria, Sweden (90 days within a 180-day period), Switzerland, Spain, Slovakia, Iceland (90 days within a 181-day period), Ireland, Estonia (90 days within a 180-day period), United Kingdom, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Turkey, Portugal (90 days within a 180-day period), Poland, France, Finland (90 days within a 180-day period), Hungary
|Australia, Guam (30), Fiji (30), Nauru (30), Palau (30), **Kiribati (30), Marshall Islands (30), **Solomon Islands (30), **Micronesia (30), **Samoa (30), Tuvalu (30), **Tonga (30), **New Zealand
|Africa & Middle East
|Republic of South Africa (30), Mauritius (30), Seychelles (30), Swaziland (30), Botswana, Morocco, **Saudi Arabia (30), Arab Emirates, Oman (30), Qatar (30), **Kuwait, Bahrain (30), Liberia, Lesotho (60), Israel, Tunisia (30)